Monday, December 8, 2008

Sick and tired of being sick

It's been a week of being sick, so I went off island today to see a doctor at the MDI Family Medical Center in Bar Harbor.  The good news is that I don't have strep throat, the bad news is there is no magical cure for whatever I have.  So I am trying to get a lot of fluids and rest.  What an adventure though, an all day affair just to see the doctor for a 1/2 hour.  I took the 8 o'clock boat off island, and the wind was blowing from the NW at about 40 mph.   The lobster boats in the harbor were really tugging on their moorings.  The good thing about the wind coming from that direction is that the bow of the boat is facing right into the waves, which means a lot less rocking side to side.  The next boat leaves NE Harbor at 11 am, which didn't leave me enough time.  So I had to wait around for the 3:30.  This meant that I didn't actually get to rest very much today.  Just another fact of life when you live on an island.  I wouldn't trade it away though.  I just hope that this cold goes away.

No comments: